Ergon International (hereinafter “Ergon, our, we, us”) warrants to the original retail purchaser ("you") that the Ergon product for which you received this warranty is free from defects in material and workmanship for (2) two years from the date of original retail purchase.
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser. Our sole obligation under this warranty is to either, at our discretion: (1) repair the claimed defect at no charge, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or which is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) a credit amount, determined by us towards the purchase of a new product. We must be notified in writing of any claim under this warranty within 60 days of any claimed lack of conformity of the product. Repaired or replaced products are covered only for the remainder of the original warranty (from original date of purchase).
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall we be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product, except as set forth herein. Some states or countries do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts and some do not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from location to location. This warranty will be interpreted pursuant to the laws of the USA. The original English language version/meaning of this warranty controls over all translations and we are not responsible for any errors in translation of this warranty or any product instructions.
No company or person (including our employees or agents) are authorized to modify, enlarge or extend this warranty in any way or to make any other warranties, expressed or implied. This warranty is not intended to confer any additional legal, jurisdictional or warranty rights to you other than those set forth herein or required by law. If any portion of this warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such finding will not invalidate any other provision.
If your product packaging has a written warranty policy included that differs from the warranty policy posted at www.ergonbike.com/warranty, the warranty policy on our website is considered most current and will be controlling as of the time your warranty claim is made. It is the product retailers obligation to provide this warranty to you upon request. It is available at www.ergonbike.com/warranty.
To obtain Warranty Service (outside USA)
Consumer claims for warranty service for products purchased outside the USA must be made through the distributor in the respective country where the product was purchased. For a listing of our current International distributors please see www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/service/contact. Please check with those distributors in your country for their requirements for warranty claims.
To obtain Warranty Service (retailer)
Consumer claims for warranty service may be made through the retail location where the product, or bicycle with Ergon original equipment (OEM), was purchased. Retailers must contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an RA (return authorization) number and send us the product along with a copy of the purchase receipt, or other satisfactory dated proof of purchase of the product in the USA. Any postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in sending your product for service (in either direction) are your responsibility. We will not be responsible for products lost or damaged in shipping. Please insure your product is clean before you send it in for our inspection. Charge may be assessed if cleaning is necessary.
To obtain Warranty Service (web only)
Consumer claims for warranty service may also be made by email to email@example.com as long as the product was (1) purchased from an authorized retailer located in the USA and (2) was NOT purchased from an on line source with headquarters outside the USA or shipped from a source outside the USA. After completing the on line warranty claim form we will send you a return authorization number along with complete instructions on how to return the product. Any postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in sending your product for service (in either direction) are your responsibility. Ergon will not be responsible for products lost or damaged in shipping. Please insure your product is clean before you send it in for our inspection. Charges may be assessed if cleaning is necessary.
Once received by us, the product will be inspected to determine if it is covered by this warranty. You may be asked to fill out a warranty claim form before processing can be completed. If the product is not covered under warranty, all replacement, repair, and shipping costs are your responsibility. By sending your product in for evaluation you agree that we cannot return unrepairable, unwarranted products to you (without a signed release) if they are unsafe to use in their unrepaired/unrepairable condition. We will make the final decision on whether or not shipping charges will be charged for the shipping of the replacement product.
At no time may any retailer or distributor make representations of what is covered or not covered under this warranty without express written permission from us. Should a retailer or distributor replace product before consulting us, it is at the sole discretion of the retailer or distributor and they may not be reimbursed by us. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the returned product becomes our property, and we may destroy it.
We will make its warranty determination within 30 days after receipt of the product, proof of purchase and any other item or information required in this warranty.
No legal action pursuing remedies under the USA Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act may be brought against us under this warranty unless and until after all informal dispute settlement procedures are completed between us, or in cases of a disagreement, under the Better Business Bureau procedures set forth at www.bbb.org (or www.bbb.org/us/contact-us/complaints/ for complaint forms) or (703) 276.0100.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents. It is your responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the shipper).
- Products sold or distributed by us that are covered by another warranty; this warranty does not extend, modify or replace any other warranty.
- Products whose serial number or other identifying marks or labels have been altered, defaced or removed.
- Products whose original product decals or surface finish/paint have been removed or modified.
- Products that are purchased used, or in not-new condition without original packaging.
- Products that are returned in an incomplete condition (i.e. parts missing).
- Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair (or the techniques used), the use or installation of parts or accessories not compatible with the original intended use of the product, or the failure to follow the product warnings, installation and usage instructions.
- Products purchased at, installed, adjusted and or assembled by non authorized retailers.
- Products purchased through unauthorized distribution channels (i.e. ebay or via an unauthorized internet seller, swap meet or private party) or products originally intended to be sold in a country other than the one you purchased them in or from (i.e. grey market goods).
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, paint, aesthetics or appearance of the product.
- The labor costs required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the item covered by this warranty or any product that it is attached to.
- Any costs associated with returning or shipping warranted or non warranted products.
- Normal wear to the product. Components may have symptoms of wear in less than their warranted time frame depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes products that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy before the warranted time frame expires.
- Commercial claims made by any merchant, retailer, commercial seller or reseller (not on behalf of an individual consumer).
- Any products for which the consumer does not follow the warranty procedures outlined above.
Our Return policy is not to be confused with our warranty policy. Warranty claims are for defects in the product. Returns are allowed for non defective products, and for such reason as the size or color you selected was wrong. Returns are only allowed in the first 30 days after purchase. Products must be in “new“ condition and all original packaging and or attachments, must be intact. Installed and ridden products are not eligible for return. We can only offer a return for product purchased directly from our ecommerce site at www.ergon-bike.com. We cannot provide returns from purchases made at any other website or location. Our Return policy does not govern the return policy of other resellers or retailers of our product. Returns will be processed in the same manner as warranty returns (via this site: www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/service/contact) however you will need to check the box “30 Day Return” and note that on the product and the packaging on the return shipment. The purchase price will be refunded via credit on the credit card originally used to purchase the product. Please allow 10 days for a returns evaluation to take place after the date of your return shipment. If you return is rejected we will return ship the product to you and you will not be credited. All shipping costs to us and for product that does not qualify for a return are your responsibility.